Private escorted tour | 10 days | Start any date
This tour takes you on a journey of discovery along the spectacular Atlantic coasts and through the green and fertile heart of Ireland.
You will visit castles and great houses, museums and art galleries, ancient monasteries and fortresses, explore medieval cities and tiny villages, all in the company of a friendly and knowledgeable guide who will be happy to answer your questions.
We saw Ireland as the Irish rather than as tourists, never feeling “locked in” or constrained in any manner.
Our discovery tours move at an easy pace, allowing you plenty of time to truly experience the places you visit. We keep unpacking and repacking to a minimum, with two or more nights spent in most places, so that you have ample opportunity to relax in your hotel and to enjoy dining and evening entertainment in each location.
- Tour the scenic regions of Kerry, including the Dingle Peninsula and the Ring of Kerry
- Spend a day in beautiful West Cork, a wonderful part of Ireland that few tour buses reach
- Enjoy an evening in Kinsale, renowned as Ireland’s gourmet capital.
- Explore the winding streets and ancient buildings of Kilkenny City, the medieval capital of Ireland.
- Visit the Waterford Crystal Factory and relax in the peaceful riverside village of Inistioge.
- Tour majestic Connemara, with its unique light beloved of artists and photographers and its capital, Clifden.
- Step into a different world with a visit to the magical Aran Islands.