Private escorted tour | 10 days | Start any date
The northern half of Ireland is often unjustly overlooked by tourists flocking to the more popular south. If you like less crowded places or have already visited the South on previous trips, this is the tour for you.
Not only were we shown the typical tourist sites, but we were privy to many of the charming “out-of-the-way” spots as well.
Several days of this tour are spent in Northern Ireland, which is home to some of Ireland’s most interesting and spectacular locations, which in this now peaceful region are finally getting the attention they deserve.
The itinerary assumes arrival to and departure from Shannon Airport. If that is not the case we can alter the running order to take account of your plans.
- Tour the scenic Burren, including an exhilarating walk along the Cliffs of Moher
- Visit majestic Connemara, with its unique light beloved of artists and photographers.
- See the spectacular coastal scenery of Donegal, including the highest sea cliffs in Europe at Bunglas
- Enjoy visits to the Ulster American Folk park and to the famous Beleek Pottery.
- Walk on the extraordinary basalt columns at the Giant’s Causeway, a walk the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge
- Tour Bushmills Whiskey Distillery with a chance to sample their wares!
- Explore the megalithic chambers of the mound at Bru na Boinne, which predate the Pyramids
- See some of the world’s finest thoroughbred horses on the Curragh and at the Irish National Stud