Irish Castles Tour
Private escorted tour | 8 days | Start any date
This tour takes you into the magical world of Ireland’s historic castles and great houses, from medieval towers to Norman keeps and romantic renaissance fairytale palaces.
You know you’ve had a wonderful time when a dozen experiences vie in your mind for highlight of the trip, and that was the happy predicament in which we found ourselves.
Each night you will be a guest in some of Ireland’s most highly regarded luxury castle hotels where you can sample life as a pampered Lord or Lady of the manor. A popular option with this tour is to add an extra night at one of these hotels to allow you time to enjoy the extensive leisure and sporting facilities on offer.
While castles are the main focus of this tour, you’ll also see many other aspects of Ireland’s history and culture and enjoy visits to some of the most interesting and scenic locations on our island.
- Experience the lively buzz of Ireland’s historic and metropolitan capital, Dublin
- Visit the 3000 year old megalithic structures at Bru na Bionne.
- Wander along the winding streets of Kilkenny City, the medieval capital of Ireland.
- Watch glass makers at work in the Waterford Crystal Factory
- Enjoy the tranquility of the lovely riverside village of Inistioge
- Spend a day touring beautiful West Cork, a part of Ireland few tour buses reach
- Tour the scenic regions of Kerry, including the Dingle Peninsula and the Ring of Kerry
- See majestic Connemara, with its unique light beloved of artists and photographers
- Step into a different world with a visit to the magical Aran Islands.